A Detox Medical Assistant provides support to the nursing and treatment staff in a detoxification facility. You will assist in the care and treatment of patients undergoing detoxification from substances. Your role will involve monitoring and documenting patient behavior, administering medications as directed, ensuring a safe and comfortable environment, and assisting in the overall functioning of the detoxification unit.
Starting at $25 (PLUS differential for evenings, nights, and weekend)
- $1/hr weekend
- $2/hr night
- $3/hr weekend night
Benefits (Available to Part-Time staff working 20+hours per week)
- ·PTO accrual and
- ·401k and 401k matching of up to 3% after 1 year
- Day shift Tuesday and Wednesday 7am-730pm
- Option to cover shifts other shifts when they are available.
- Monitor patients undergoing detoxification, observing and documenting their behavior, vital signs, and overall physical and mental well-being.
- Administer medications as directed by the nursing staff and document the administration accurately.
- Assist patients with daily activities, including personal hygiene, dressing, eating, and mobility, ensuring their comfort and safety at all times.
- Collaborate with the nursing team to develop and implement individualized care plans for patients, considering their specific needs and goals.
- Conduct routine checks on patients’ physical environment, ensuring it is clean, well-maintained, and free from hazards or potential dangers.
- Participate in therapeutic activities and support groups, encouraging patients to engage in positive behaviors and coping strategies.
- Provide emotional support and encouragement to patients throughout the detoxification process, demonstrating empathy and understanding.
- Respond promptly to emergencies or crisis situations, following established protocols and reporting incidents to the nursing staff.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of patient records, including progress notes, treatment plans, and any incidents or changes in condition.
- Adhere to all relevant legal, ethical, and professional standards, maintaining patient confidentiality and respecting their rights and autonomy.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current certification as a medical assistant (CMA)
- Previous experience in a healthcare or substance abuse treatment setting is highly desirable.
- Previous direct patient care is required.
- Knowledge of basic nursing care principles and techniques, including vital signs monitoring and medication administration.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with patients, families, and the healthcare team.
- Compassionate and non-judgmental approach, understanding the challenges faced by individuals undergoing detoxification.
- Ability to remain calm and composed in stressful situations, maintaining professionalism and exercising good judgment.
- Excellent organizational skills, with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Physical stamina and the ability to lift and move patients as required.
- Familiarity with relevant legal and ethical guidelines governing healthcare practices.
If you are interested in joining our team, apply by email to our HR Manager: [email protected]
- Name of position you are applying for
- An introductory sentence or two about why you are interested in the position